Saturday 23 March 2013

Brownie Time.....

After discovering a recipe in the back of one of the books I was reading for Coffee Brownies, I knew being a coffee fiend and a girl who is partial to a bit of chocolate I had to make them. So, knowing I was doing the late in work today I decided to have a go. Making brownies is one of the easiest bakes I would say, not too much technical ability is needed (or that much washing up, which is always good). After reading the recipe I decided to make a few tweaks, as I always do. After having a little taster myself, I took my wares into work to get some opinions. As a general consensus people liked them, however some felt they had a little too much coffee in. I am not fully happy with them myself yet. So next time I am thinking I may try some dark chocolate and mix the chocolate chips into the mixture (rather than on top). For any of you who fancy it here is the recipe:

450g plain flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda
60g ground coffee
220g butter
450g dark brown sugar
110g plain chocolate
110g chocolate chips
3 eggs, lightly beaten

-Preheat oven to 180c/Gas 4.
-Mix flour, salt, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and coffee.
-Melt butter, brown sugar and the chocolate in a Bain-Marie, until combined.
-Allow the mixture to cool and then stir in the dry mixture and then the eggs.
-Pour it into an ungreased pan and sprinkle the choc chips over.
-Bake in the middle of the oven for 25-30 mins, until the knife comes out clean from the brownie.
-Let it cool and then cut into squares.

Nonsensical x


No comments:

Post a Comment