Monday 3 June 2013

Marrakech Blues

So, I've been officially back from Marrakech for a week. And I am already on holiday blues. I'm not sure if it is necessarily Marrakech I am missing, but definitely the sun and the exotic. As a city it is amazing and completely mental at the same time. Winding streets and alleys, steamy hamman rooms and sometimes scary souks. The fact that 2 of us lived very comfortably on £350 for a week also helped. I found it utterly delightful being scrubbed from head to toe in the hamman, coming out incredibly soft and shiny. The shopping wasn't too bad either, not to mention the food! What I did find refreshing was that Morocco as a Muslim country, there is onviously not too much booze available. So no heavy drunken nights were had by any and I was up by 10.30 every day (which if you know me well, is a miracle!) All in all it is an amazing city and I fully recommend the visit. But take care in the Souks and don't do what I did and get lost and end up on the edge of the city. Ha ha. All in a days fun tho!

Nonsensical x



No comments:

Post a Comment